Gary Morrison CR
Gary has an Associates degree in Business Administration from North Shore Community College, and a Bachelor’s degree in Management from Lesley University in Cambridge, Mass. He also has a strong financial and construction background.
Gary spent over 30 years working for a Fortune 500 company and retired in October 2001. He couldn’t, however, stay retired for long! Morrison Remodeling was born in October 2001 with Gary as a one-man show. Since then the business has grown. In addition to Gary, there are now three full-time carpenters – a part-time carpenter, and an Interior Designer who doubles as the office manager.
Morrison Remodeling has strong relationships with several sub-contractors including electricians, plumbers, painters, mold and asbestos remediation experts, roofers, masons, floor covering specialists and HVAC specialists, as well as lead remediation experts.
Gary is involved in a number of business-related organizations.
Gary joined the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of NARI, the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, in 2006. Gary became President in January 2011, in 2012 Gary served as Chairman of the Board, and has since transitioned to a Board Member.
In June 2007, he fulfilled the requirements to become a Certified Remodeler (CR) with NARI. Gary is the first and only Certified Remodeler in Beverly, and is one of only a handful on the North Shore.
Gary is a member of the Beverly Chamber of Commerce.
Remodeling Magazine, a national publication by Hanley Wood, LLC, published an article Gary authored in the September 2007 issue. In December 2012 Gary had an article published in JLC The Journal of Light Construction.
As you can see, Gary is very committed to his business and his profession and he takes his roles very seriously. Customer satisfaction and honesty are two principles Gary values highly.
A Word From Gary
“Hello and thank you for visiting the Morrison Remodeling & Repairs website. I’d like to tell you a little bit about who I am and why I am in this business. My name is Gary Morrison and I am the owner of Morrison Remodeling and Repairs LLC.
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a carpenter. My father built both of the houses that I grew up in and I began helping him when I was only 6 years old, handing him tools, carrying wood, and pounding nails (the old fashioned way – by hand). I always had a carpentry project of my own going and yearned for the day when I would be allowed to use the electric tools. When I was about 11 years old, I would rush to the cellar to use the forbidden table saw as soon as my parents left the house. Luckily, I still have all my fingers!
I have always loved carpentry work and there is no other job in the world I would rather be doing. I take great pride in a job well done, satisfying my customer’s needs, and finding solutions to their challenges. I am enthusiastic about my business and take that enthusiasm with me every day to every job site. I believe my caring attitude and devotion to my work and my customers reflects itself in the quality of the work that we perform.
I believe my company stands out from other remodeling companies for a number of reasons, some of which I have listed below:
- I am a very active member of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) because they represent quality, ethical behavior and education. When you hire a NARI professional, you can be assured that they are licensed and fully insured and live up to a strict code of ethical standards. That statement is what Morrison Remodeling represents.
- I know how frustrating it is to call a contractor and never hear back from them. I will always return your call. Not just the initial call for a proposal, but all of your calls. I am available via e-mail and provide my customers with my cell phone number for almost immediate access.
- I use digital photography to supplement the services I provide. During the estimating phase of the job, I may take pictures to help generate more accurate proposals. If you are traveling for business or live far away and want to see updates of the job, I can e-mail you photos of Morrison Remodeling’s progress. I can also provide photos of the job to enable you to select paint color or fabrics.
- All of my employees and sub-contractors are trustworthy, polite, and respectful. I use quality sub-contractors including plumbing, electrical, roofing, painting, and chimney repair to name a few.
- I draft a proposal to include materials and a description of all work to be performed with the associated price. Once we have agreed on the proposal, the price listed is the price you will pay for the work described. If unforeseen issues are encountered or additional work is requested beyond the scope of the original agreement, I use a change order process. This process keeps you involved in the project and allows you to make informed decisions.
- I expect my employees to leave job sites as clean as or cleaner than when we arrived.
- All of my employees, including my plumber and electrician, are Certified Lead Paint Renovators. Not all of my competitors can say that.
In conclusion, I would like to say that I work very hard to make sure my customers are happy with their construction project, no matter how big or small it may be. I intend to be in business for a long time and the only way I know how to accomplish that is to provide quality workmanship and to treat my customers the way I would like to be treated.
Your satisfaction is the key to the success of my business.”